Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Graduation

Sorry readers (if I still have any),

I know the blog has been abandoned for quite a while, but this is a little update on my life in Arkansas. Life has been good but extremely tiring. I've been working on grad school applications, work, classes, and never ending tests. Why did I say never ending? You are right (if you actually bothered to guess), because it is never ending. bloody hell T.T. Minus the fall break, i have been taking tests continuously for about 7 weeks in a row. In fact, I just had one today, there will be one this Thursday and another next Friday. Oh yeah, study study study. i just hope this will pay off one fine day.

So, just to put on a little positive spin on the post, i will share a great news: I will be graduating on the 15th of December!! I have to admit that I am pretty excited! Each time I have thoughts about graduation, it feels like my heart skipped a bloody beat (the excitement is almost better than taking drugs I tell you...haha). I can't believe that it'll be my fourth year already. It seems like just two months ago that I bided goodbye to you guys and my family, boarded the plane, landed in the cow-farm, checked into a room. met my roommate, and attended my first day of college. Everything in between now and then is just foggy. what the hell just happened. don't ask. because i'm not sure. all i know is that school is about to be over, and it's time to move on with life. bloody SCARY

What am I going to do next? Well, the plan is to go back to school. HAHAHAHAHA

Silly as it sounds, it's really not that funny. because that really is the plan. why did I choose to go back to school? There's too many reasons. One of the reasons is because I don't wanna become a research assistant, or a high school teacher, or science writer etc. I mean these are decent jobs, but they are just not the kind of job i will be passionate about nor are they jobs that i want to spend half of my life on.

So, I am applying to get into a graduate school. Competition to get into graduate schools are definitely fierce. I'm sure it's not just here but anywhere else in the world. Being an international student sure doesn't help because most graduate schools have international quotas. To tell the truth, the idea of being back in school after graduation is not entirely bad news because I do enjoy science (at least for the most part). Plus, international kids here are given three options after graduation: It's either get a job, get into a school, or go home. I am not ready to leave the states, so one of the other two options is something I have to achieve.

If I have to choose to stay in a place for good, I would choose Malaysia. Without Malaysian politics, I think home is by far the best place on earth. However, there seems to be something about being away from home that lightens up my soul. I can't say exactly what. but it gives me a different feeling. maybe it is the sense of freedom, the independence, or just the excitement of exploring a foreign place. Whatever it is, I want more of it before returning to a place I call home.

Wish i could write more, but my laptop is running outta battery, pile of homework is waiting for me and my guilt to finish that pile of homework is rising by the minute. So, I will say goodbye for now. Sending my regards from Arkansas! Take care dear friends.

Hui

No comments:

Post a Comment